Thursday, June 11, 2009

Six slash eleven.

Some great things have been happening to me lately!

-I had an EXCELLENT interview with KPMG on Wednesday morning. I was the first interviewee, and I definitely set the bar at an almost unreachable level.

-Also on Wednesday, I FINALLY obtained my driver's license! I'm turning 18 in September, so I'm about two years late. Who cares, though, right?

-This summer program at Donnelly has made me realize the importance of being friendly the first time you meet someone. Also, I learn more about myself as I tell people about myself. That's always good. Hahaha.

-The aforementioned "great things" that have been occurring have given me a more optimistic mindset. This is definitely a plus, especially considering that I've had the negative-ist mindset since, well, birth.

BUT...

As I've come to realize... With all of these great things occurring, there's bound to be a greater amount of "not-so-great" things that happen (if they haven't happened already). Actually, it seems as if every time something good happens to me, two or more "not-so-good" things happen to me. When my situation FINALLY seems like it's gaining positive momentum, some stronger negative force bum rushes everything, leaving me further back than when I started. Quite frankly, I have gotten used to this trend. And it sucks. Big time. But what can I do, huh? This issue bothers me SO MUCH that I'm not getting into detail with it (if that makes sense). Sue me.

No comments:

Post a Comment